- Phenomenal Growth ( 15 to 2000+ hotels ): progress & process maturity
- Simplotel Solves all problems of hotel
- Worked as product manager in a few product ecommerce companies ( Amazon, Expedia etc)
- Consulting : supply chain & ops
- When & how he started on his own?
- Biological clock is ticking 🙂
- How his wife helped & supported in his decision to start on own.
- To leave legacy
- Warren Buffet example: justifying vs rationalisation
- Started with 3 different ideas: and how he validated and zeroed in on the Simplotel idea?
- One Criteria is quick monetisation
- ‘Lean StartUp‘ highly recommend book : validate validate validate
- How the idea seeded in the first place?
- MapMe idea
- How a typical hotel benefits from simplotel support?
- Ultimately conversions are the key 🔑
- Typical customer experiences
- Philosophy: Subscription model, with no lock-in
- Catering all types of hotels: bread & breakfast to five stars
- Can build a website for hotels in minutes, remove a lot of unnecessary back and forth, thus simplifying and making the whole experience for hotelier as well as customer far better.
- How they are doing different from a vanilla website services
- SEO of site : technology of website; content ; brand guidelines
- How the first customer/ prospects concerns addressed & how he overcame initial jitters.
- How he almost quit
- About First few hires, and how hiring process evolved
- Team matrix
- Biggest challenges he came across as entrepreneur : include getting right people onboard
- A lot of Tarun’s time goes into execution | other time structuring- prioritising
- More time he spoke to friends ( in the beginning), he used to lose hopes! While talking to market, he used to feel energised!!
- Cool Advise to wannabes : give yourself a year
- Entrepreneur ‘s biggest common weekness
- Parameters for judging opportunities
- Reg attrition in the company
- Reg getting funded, about the difference post funding
- Runaway planning: up to 18 months
- About mentorship & choosing mentors
- Changes ( learning new skills etc) in Tarun compared to 3 years ago
- Daily rituals to keep himself in shape
- About Work life balance
- Advise to listeners : don’t be hard on yourself.
- Tarun@Simplotel.com is the best way to reach him
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
Hope you enjoyed the show.
To get more FGE content sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher!
Also, reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated!
We read each and every one of them, and feel free to share your URL there so we can contact you later on and say thanks!
Also appreciate if you suggest What and Who you would like to be interviewed next in the comments.