Check out this cool episode: iTunes or on Stitcher.
- Intro, Childhood, education,
- His getting into agricultural studies
- Career @ Mahyco ( a seeds company),
- Career @ ITC Agri division : Adarsh Seeds
- How a corporate training transformed his life
- Job @ Juvvari
- Short stint @ Harrison Malayalam
- Ventured on his own as Laxmi Seeds
- Registration later as Yaganti Seeds
- Started into Research , total head count to 85
- Revenue increased from 16Cr (2008) to 60Cr(2013)
- Partnered with Nuziveedu Seeds, later wholly sold out to them eventually
- Challenges: financial mgmt meeting payments
- Best moment sofar : in 2006, among the top 6 corn seeds companies in India
- How he chose which line of seeds to work up on: corn seed over others
- How sales & marketing is happening now, for seeds companies
- Super Successful: Chandrababu Naidu
- Sad Moments : political propaganda against quality of seeds; Giving up control of the company
- Lack of mentorship
- Work Life balance ‘depending on monsoons’
- His trademark Facebook updates
- Hobbies: Chess, Movies, and books
- Most seed names are of actresses ‘ names … Catchy names for farmers simple to pronounce and remember
- Latest advances : GMO
- Advise to new entrants
- Advise to Yaganti of twenties
- He can be reached on Yaaganti @gmail.com
- Quite a voracious reader, recommended the following books for the fellow entrepreneurs: Straight from the Gut by Jack Welch, The seven habits of highly effective people by Stephen Covey
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
Hope you enjoyed the show.
To get more FGE content sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher!
Also, reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated!
We read each and every one of them, and feel free to share your URL there so we can contact you later on and say thanks!